A Guide to Installing Your S-Pod Module or Sedum Tray
- Unpack and water S-Pods/Sedum Trays on arrival.
- Make sure you have an upstand around the perimeter of the area you intend to use. This can be an aluminium trim which we can supply or something of your own choice.
- Clear area where you intend to use the S-Pods/Sedum Trays.
- Make sure there is an adequate waterproof membrane and root barrier on the roof before you commence laying the S.Pods/Sedum Green Trays.
- Set up ladders or platforms for easy and safe access to the roof.
- Click the S-Pods/Sedum Trays together in a row. Start from the lower edge, or the initial edge that is to be seen. Any cut can then be made in area out of sight.
- Each S-Pod/Sedum Tray has a lip which clicks on the top of the next one, alternatively.
- S-Pods or Trays can be cut with a grinder or similar tool. Face any cuts so they are not seen from the edge, i.e. on the inside edge. Alternatively, fill any gaps with pebbles which we can also supply. Over time the sedum will grow over the edges and soften the appearance, they will intertwine and no edges of the S-Pods will be seen.
- Unpack and water the S-Pods on arrival.
- During dry spells of more than 3 weeks it is wise to water the plants little and often.
- The plants can be trimmed after flowering but this is entirely up to you, this is only for appearance.
- Spring and Autumn are the best times for maintenance. See page on Maintenance.
- Ensure that you clear any rainwater pipes, down pipes or guttering. Sedum is a very hardy plant but it does not like to sit in pools of water for any great length of time so it is wise to make sure the drainage is adequate.
Installing a green roof
If you would like any further information please don’t hesitate to contact us. We are here to help!
Installing Sedum Green roof mat is straight forward but the modular tray Green roof system is a great deal easier. The mats are better for large areas. Enjoy your Eco Green Roof but do contact us if you have an installation or maintenance of sedum problems. We can install your Sedum Green roof mat or install the modular Tray Green roof system and take the strain out of the maintenance.